Camden Property Trust - Camden Ashburn Farms - Before you spend over $14,000 dollars over the course of 13 months, this is what a paying tenant can expect
If you already live at Camden Ashburn Farms, and are experiencing similar problems, Direct your complaints to Property Manager, Ashley Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org). District Manager, Carrie Bolling (email@example.com). Or call the Headquarters in Huston Texas (713) 354-2500 and ask for contact information for Richard Key or Bridget Valerie.
• My wife and I were told we would have waived pet deposits, due to my wife’s employment with a government agency that had contracts with Camden. After we bought pets, we received a note on our door saying we need to pay $450 per pet, get rid of our pets, or we could be evicted from the apartment. The Leasing Office’s response? “Oh… well we do waive pet deposits for employees from your company… but this $450 isn’t a deposit. It’s a “fee” and those you have to pay. The difference is, we don’t have to give the ‘fees’ back”. (Don’t worry, it gets SO much worse).
• My wife was an unfortunate victim of sequestration and was laid off from her job. While she was looking, I asked for some leniency on the rent’s due date while we moved some money around. After paying the rent on time for over 6 months, we were told, ‘pay in the next 5 days, or we could be evicted’.
• For the reason I stated above, my wife and I got rid of our credit cards and vowed to pay by check, cash, or debit from then on. While we were waiting for our new checks and debit card, the leasing office refused to take any payment for our rent. (For those who aren’t aware, because we weren’t, this is borderline illegal. By law, if a service has already been rendered (i.e. ‘lodging’) it is illegal for a business to refuse cash as it is ‘legal tender’ and used to settle ‘all debts’.)
o We offered to get a Casher’s Check, however the leasing office once again refused this payment as “the denominations on a cashier’s check aren’t high enough to pay the rent, and we don’t take multiple payment… it said this in your lease.” Ultimately, we were forced to get a money order. Which was more of a hassle and more expensive.
• For an entire month, we received email after email telling us ‘if you don’t get renter’s insurance, we could evict you from the apartment.’(Noticing a pattern in their willingness to help the paying customer, yet?) Trouble was… we DID have renters insurance, and it never lapsed for the entire term of the lease! We sent a total of 4 emails, and even had our insurance company, AGI, fax a copy directly to the leasing office before they updated their files.
• On multiple occasions, I had to emails the leasing office (and even call the headquarters to complain) people illegally trying to enter my apartment without giving 24 hours’ notice. On one occasion, I even found a 48 hour back-dated letter on my door as an attempt to pass for ’24 hours’ notice’. The letter stated someone was going to enter my apartment at 9:00 am the following morning. It was 10:30 at night when this letter was posted.
• Towards the end of our stay, the leasing office sent us a reminder of our commitment to give 60 days’ notice with our intent to vacate the apartment. THAT DAY, both my wife and I sent in our written notice to the leasing office with our intent to vacate and never return. Did the leasing office accept this written notice as they are required to by law? Nope. Why? Because the reminder the leasing office sent was sent on the 59th day, and therefore extend our lease from Nov. 20th to November 28th… (some may notice a problem with that date… the leasing office didn’t).
o My wife and I received an additional email several weeks later, informing us that our lease will be extended again, because the leasing office finally looked at a calendar, and realized November 28th was Thanksgiving. Thus, they would be closed the that day, and the following day as well. We offered to return the keys when they re-opened, but the leasing office felt it a better idea to just charge us for those extra two days.
• November 30th, the final day. You would think there would be no problems, right? Nope. My wife and I receive and email from the leasing office informing us that, once again, someone entered our apartment without giving 24 hours’ notice! This complaint was brought to the property manager’s attention, who’s reply was “it was impractical to do so”. Can anyone out there tell me what is ‘impractical’ about following the law?
Stay at one of the other Camden apartments, if you like. I hear good things about other properties. But that’s not saying much since every other property can use Ashburn Farms as ‘the bad example’.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Leasing Service
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- "I'm living in a property managed by Randy Salvator of RMS Companies and I'm having some issues. I think Randy could be doing a bit more to take ownership of..."
- "I see you are in Houston. I am a Derksen dealer in TX and what I would tell you is that if you are basing your decision on the..."
- "Erased negative reviews from their past coming back to haunt the new year. Do not believe all their phone baloney reviews, pretty easy to see it's fiction when you start reading..."
- "Hello, I bought two sectionals from Belizo, one two years ago and the other one 2 months ago. Their website & customer service have met high standards. They really have..."
- "I signed up with Comcast in 12/15 thinking all my troubles with internet provides were behind me now ( I previously had Att Uverse). I switched due to the problems..."
- "When I ordered my hot tub cover it took several weeks for me to get it. When I received it was the wrong size and poor quality. The..."
- "What an utter bowel movement of a company. My refrigerator (Whirlpool Refrigerator Model WRX735SDBM02) is brand new and already the surface of the control panel is flaking and peeling away...."
- "Hello there this is been the worst experience of my life well not quite but it has been a terrible one. I ordered a dress from tbdress and it was..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."